WEDNESDAY EVENING LENTEN SERVICES
Because of continued compliance with COVID-19 restrictions, we will not have our usual Lenten soup suppers in 2021. We invite you to have your own soup and bread for supper on Wednesday evening. The Fellowship Team is distributing Lenten soup and activity packets; please let us know if you have not received one by.
Please let us know if you are not yet on our lists but would like to be added to our Advent community observances (like receiving the Lenten soup and activity packets). Call or send an email to the Office (contact info at the bottom left of this page).
Our Wednesday evening Lenten worship services will be recorded in advance and posted online every Wednesday, February 24 through March 24, 2021, at 7:00 pm. They may be streamed any time thereafter, starting with the 2/24 service HERE.
We will be using the Holden Evening Prayer as our worship liturgy. Worship will be led by our Confirmation Class and their mentors, each week dealing with "A Season of Hope" and how we encounter Hope with our five senses.
Please join us on our Lenten journey.
We will continue to have our livestreamed worship, including Holy Communion, as the primary Sunday morning worship experience going forward until COVID-19 related restrictions on gathering are lifted. Click HERE for the past and upcoming worship services on our YouTube playlist. The livestreamed worship will begin at 8:30 a.m., may be joined in progress, may be restarted from the beginning, or may be viewed at any time after its conclusion, at the link above.
In addition, continuing through Winter 2021, weather permitting, please join us for Outdoor Worship in the parking lot at 10:30 a.m. "Weather permitting" means "not freezing, not precipitating, and neither in the forecast." Check our Facebook page, the home page of this website, or see above for updates or cancellation notices.
- The parking lot will be marked where people may and may not sit to maintain social distancing.
- Anyone toddler or above: Please bring and wear a mask or face shield..
- Please bring your own chairs or a blanket on which to sit. Contact the office in advance or an usher on Sunday if you do not have a chair.
- Please remain in your vehicle if you are not feeling well, are experiencing any symptoms, or if you would like to be present but not sit outside. The service will be available on FM radio (frequency will be announced at the start of the service and printed in the bulletin). There will be reserved parking spaces for those remaining in their cars; please inform the ushers if that is what you wish to do, and you will be directed to the reserved area.
- Please bring your own communion elements (bread and wine or grape juice for all communing members of your family or group). If you forget, we will have a limited number of small packages containing a wafer and grape juice available.
- The Children's Sermon will usually involve an opportunity to draw on the parking lot! Bring your own sidewalk chalk, or pick some up at church.
- Bulletins will be available, or you can print and bring your own (a link to the bulletin is included in our weekly email).
- Please dress for the weather if you plan to sit outside.
Watch this space or our Facebook page for the Outdoor Sunday School schedule for children through Senior High age from 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. (Currently suspended for the winter months; assuming the weather breaks, we are planning to start up again by the end of March!)
Adult Forum continues to meet as a Zoom teleconference from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.; the Zoom link is included in our Wednesday weekly email. (To get on the email distribution list, contact the Office.)
Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent, was February 17, 2021. Because of our continued compliance with COVID-19 restrictions, we marked Ash Wednesday with two outdoor services in the parking lot. The 12:00 service was recorded and has been placed in our YouTube playlist HERE for those who could not, for whatever reason, attend either of the outdoor services.
CHRISTMAS EVE 2020
Did you miss our Worship Services on Christmas Eve? Or did you see them and would like to experience them again or share them with friends and family?
Click on the times to see the 2:30 pm and 8:30 pm Christmas Eve services; they are still available on our YouTube playlist . They include the usual rich prelude of special music, the presentation of the Nativity by our kids at the early service, a sermon at the late service, holy communion as well as a special Silent Night video at both.
This was our Sunday schedule before the COVID-19 interruption, to which we anticipate returning when restrictions are lifted.
Worship Time - 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. services
Fellowship - Coffee and Conversation after the 8:30 service
Education Hour - 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
Summer Worship - One service at 9:30 a.m., Fellowship following
Nursery lovingly provided for young children during worship and education time.
Our services include the essentials of Lutheran worship:
- Hearing of the Word
- Sharing of the Meal, and
- Sending of the Disciples
We are created to praise God - and so worship is our central and fundamental practice as a congregation.
When we worship, the Spirit is gathering us together as a church. We enter into God's time. Through the Word and Sacrament of worship, God gives us nourishment to actively engage in ministries as followers of Jesus in our day-to-day lives.