Any worship services that are live-streamed or pre-recorded at our YouTube Channel are available to join, restart, or stream at your convenience any time after the start of the service.
Although we are transitioning back to our pre-COVID schedule as much as possible, we are still under restrictions. Therefore, we will continue to have our livestreamed worship, including Holy Communion, as the primary Sunday morning worship experience going forward until COVID-19 related restrictions on gathering are lifted. Click HERE for the past and upcoming worship services on our YouTube channel.
The livestreamed service will be held indoors with in-person attendance. Because of continuing COVID-19 restrictions in Montgomery County, masks are required whenever inside the building.
For more about our celebration of the Advent and Christmas seasons in 2021, see our Sunday Themes and Special Events page.
Winter Schedule (effective December 2021 through February 2022)
- 8:30 am – Indoor Worship with in-person attendance, in the Sanctuary. Masks are required regardless of vaccination status. This service will be live-streamed for our online audience (Available to join, restart, or stream at your convenience any time after 8:30 at our YouTube Channel).
- 9:30 am -- Fellowship Time between services – Indoors, in Fellowship Hall. Masks are required, to be removed only briefly to eat or drink.
- 9:45 am -- Education Hour between services – Indoors, in classrooms, the Fellowship Hall, and the Sanctuary, with masks required.
- 11:00 am – Indoor Worship, with in-person attendance, in the Sanctuary, with masks required.
Note for all Indoor events: To keep air circulating, windows may be open and the heat may be turned down (how far and how low will depend on the weather outside). Please dress appropriately for a cool room!
In the event of an unusually warm, calm, and dry Sunday, we may move the 11:00 Worship outdoors during the winter months! Watch the Home page and this page for updates, and if it happens, please dress appropriately and come join us in the Parking Lot!
In the event of inclement weather making the roads especially hazardous, we may go "online only," either pre-recording or live-streaming the 8:30 am Worship with a congregation limited to participants. Watch this page and our Home page for weather-related notices.
UPDATED BUILDING USE AND MASK GUIDELINES (as of December 6, 2021):
For outdoor events, if you are sitting with your own household or your "pod" / "posse" / "bubble" / whatever you call your group that is used to being unmasked around each other, and while you remain socially distanced from other groups, feel free to go unmasked. But please mask up when in close proximity with others or moving around the event space.
For indoor events, based on Montgomery County having a substantial transmission rate for COVID-19, masks are required for all individuals inside the building, regardless of vaccination status. This includes attending the indoor worship services at 8:30 am and 11:00 am, along with Fellowship Time and the Education Hour on Sunday. The pastor and worship leaders may be unmasked while speaking (and maintaining social distancing from each other and the congregation) so they can be heard clearly, and members of the congregation may unmask briefly while partaking of Communion and while eating or drinking during Fellowship Time.
The building will be open (for rest room and other uses) during outdoor events. Masking up while inside is required.
Mindful of our duty as Lutherans to care for one another, we hope that these arrangements will serve all members of our congregation and protect the most vulnerable among us. We request that if you are sick that you refrain from attending any in-person service until you feel better. (See the option to remain in your vehicle while attending an outdoor event below.)
Regarding Outdoor Worship, Education or Other Events:
- The parking lot or designated seating area will be marked where people may and may not sit to maintain social distancing. Please respect the cones when driving in the parking lot.
- Anyone toddler or above: Please bring a mask or face shield.
- If you can, please bring your own chairs or a blanket on which to sit. If you cannot bring a chair, please contact the office in advance or an usher at the event; there will be plenty of chairs available.
- If attending an Outdoor event, please remain in your vehicle if you are not feeling well, are experiencing any symptoms, or if you would like to be present but not sit outside. Outdoor worship services will be available on FM radio (frequency will be announced at the start of the service and printed in the bulletin). There will be reserved parking spaces for those remaining in their cars; please inform the ushers if that is what you wish to do, and you will be directed to the reserved area.
- Please feel free to bring your own communion elements (bread and wine or grape juice for all communing members of your family or group) to the worship service, whether indoor or outdoor. If you choose not to bring your own, small packages containing a wafer and grape juice will be available.
- The Children's Sermon at Outdoor services will often involve an opportunity to draw on the parking lot! Bring your own sidewalk chalk, or pick some up at church.
- Bulletins will be available, or you can print and bring your own (a link to the bulletin is included in our weekly email, or click HERE).
- Please dress for the weather for outdoor events. This applies to both winter (Bundle up!) and summer (hats and sunscreen) as applicable.
- All Outdoor Activities are "weather permitting," meaning "not uncomfortably cold, not precipitating, and neither in the forecast." The definition of "uncomfortably cold" starts with "below freezing" but otherwise may be fluid: High 40s and a stiff breeze may be enough to cancel or move inside, while high 30s and calm may not. Watch the Home page, the top of this page, or our Facebook page for any weather-related changes or cancellations.
Other 2021 (and before) services are available at our Video and Audio Page.
THIS WAS OUR SUNDAY SCHEDULE before the COVID-19 restrictions, to which we anticipate returning when they are lifted. Our Autumn / Winter 2021-2022 schedule represents a return to the scheduled times, with some modification to the locations, conditions and requirements (when indoors).
Worship Time - 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. services
Fellowship - Coffee and Conversation after the 8:30 service
Education Hour - 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
Summer Worship - One service at 9:30 a.m., Fellowship following
Nursery lovingly provided for young children during worship and education time. (Nursery not provided during COVID-19 restrictions.)
Our services include the essentials of Lutheran worship:
- Hearing of the Word
- Sharing of the Meal, and
- Sending of the Disciples
We are created to praise God - and so worship is our central and fundamental practice as a congregation.
When we worship, the Spirit is gathering us together as a church. We enter into God's time. Through the Word and Sacrament of worship, God gives us nourishment to actively engage in ministries as followers of Jesus in our day-to-day lives.