Sunday, December 10, 2023: Fourth Sunday of Advent
We continue on our Fall Worship Schedule. Details below,
See our Sunday Themes and Special Events page for details about the Sundays (and some weekdays) of the Church Year.
Any worship services that are live-streamed or pre-recorded at our YouTube Channel are available to join, restart, or stream at your convenience any time after the start of the service.
UPDATED BUILDING USE AND MASK GUIDELINES (as of April 1, 2023):
Based on current CDC guidelines and associated masking recommendations, here is Advent’s current masking policy for worship and events:
- The wearing of masks is now optional in the church building for all worship services, meetings, and events.
- People are free to wear a mask based on personal preference, informed by personal level of risk. Please be considerate and respectful of those who choose to continue to wear masks.
We will continue to utilize other safety measures such as opening windows and running ventilation fans. And we will continue to offer the online worship service for those who may not yet be ready or able to attend in-person worship (or for any other reason in-person worship at that time on Sunday morning may not be appropriate, including attending while out of town). We also continue to encourage anyone who is eligible to remain current with vaccines as applicable, and we request that if you are sick or experiencing symptoms, you refrain from attending any in-person service until you feel better.
We will continue to evaluate our policies communicate any other changes if necessary. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding over the past three years as our faith community has had to adapt to doing things in creative and different ways.
If you have any questions, please contact the church office,
Note for all Indoor events: In accordance with current guidelines, to keep air circulating, windows may be open and the air conditioning or heat, as applicable, may be turned down (how far and how low will depend on the weather outside). Please dress appropriately for a warmer or cooler than normal room!
Fall Worship Schedule: (September 17 through December 17, 2023):
- 8:30 am – Indoor Worship in the Sanctuary. This service will be live-streamed for our online audience (Available to join, restart, or stream at your convenience any time after 8:30 at our YouTube Channel).
- 9:30 am -- Fellowship Time – In Fellowship Hall.
- 9:45 am -- Education Hour – In classrooms. Fellowship Hall and the Sanctuary. Some special events may be scheduled or held in other locations (such as outdoors); watch for details.
- 11:00 am -- Indoor Worship in the Sanctuary.
In the event of inclement weather (not limited to winter(!)) making travel especially hazardous, or if the township declares a weather emergency, we may go "on-line only," either pre-recording or live-streaming the first worship service scheduled that day, with only participants present, to be available at our YouTube Channel, and cancelling all in-person activities at the church. Watch this page, our Home page, or our Facebook page for the latest announcements.
If the weather is nice (comfortable temperatures and no precipitation forecast), we may move some events outdoors! Watch the Home page and this page for updates on outdoors events. Please dress appropriately for the weather (bundle up, or hats and sunscreen, as applicable) and come join us outside!
Please see "Regarding Outdoor Events" below for further details.
For any Worship Service involving Communion, we have returned to using real bread and wine. If you desire to commune with us but are not comfortable returning to bread and wine at this time, communion packets containing a wafer and grape juice are available. If you need a gluten-free option, individually-wrapped wafers are also available. Or, please feel free to bring your own communion elements (bread in some form, and wine or grape juice); you may bring them forward to be blessed before communing if you wish.
Regarding Outdoor Events (Worship, Education, Social or Other)
- The parking lot or designated seating area will be marked where people may drive and which parts of the parking lot, if any, are reserved for the event. Please respect the cones when driving in the parking lot.
- Masking is optional for indoor and outdoor events. Please respect those who choose to continue to wear masks because of their personal risk level.
- Please bring your own chairs or a blanket on which to sit at outdoor events. If you cannot bring a chair, please contact the office in advance or an usher at the event; there will be plenty of chairs available.
There are some nice, shady spots in our parking lot, but if you wish to bring your own shade (umbrella or canopy), please feel free to do so, but also please be considerate of anyone behind or around you, and make certain your portable shade will not fall over or blow away!
- If attending an Outdoor event, please remain in your vehicle if you are not feeling well, are experiencing any symptoms, or if you would like to be present but not sit outside.
There will be reserved parking spaces for those remaining in their vehicles; please inform the ushers if that is what you wish to do, and you will be directed to park in the reserved area.
Outdoor worship services will be available on FM radio upon request (frequency will be announced at the start of the service). Please call the Church Office in advance of the event or inform an usher when you arrive, so we can set up the transmitter. Note: The transmitter has a very short reach, covering church property and perhaps our nearest neighbors.
- Outdoor events will not be live-streamed. On Sundays when Outdoor Worship is scheduled, a pre-recorded worship service will be available on our YouTube Channel at the time of the service, to stream at that time or at your convenience. The Service will feature the same hymns, Scripture lessons, and Sermon, along with the opportunity for Communion.
- The Children's Sermon at Outdoor Worship services will often involve an opportunity to draw on the parking lot! Bring your own sidewalk chalk, or pick some up at church.
- Bulletins will be available, or you can print and bring your own (a link to the bulletin is included in our weekly email, or click HERE).
- Please dress for the weather for outdoor events. This applies to both winter (Bundle up!) and summer (Hats and sunscreen!) as applicable.
- All Outdoor Activities are "weather permitting," meaning "not uncomfortably hot or cold, not precipitating, and neither in the forecast." Watch the Home page, the top of this page, or our Facebook page for any weather-related changes or cancellations.
All past worship services that were livestreamed during 2022 and 2023 are now available for streaming at your convenience at our YouTube Channel.
Visit our Video and Audio Page for some special services, including Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve (both services), a special Christmas Day service "God's Downward Bent" provided by the Southeastern PA Synod, in 2022, and the New Year's Day 2023 "The Name of Jesus" Service of Lessons and Carols.
Our services include the essentials of Lutheran worship:
- Hearing of the Word
- Sharing of the Meal, and
- Sending of the Disciples
We are created to praise God - and so worship is our central and fundamental practice as a congregation.
When we worship, the Spirit is gathering us together as a church. We enter into God's time. Through the Word and Sacrament of worship, God gives us nourishment to actively engage in ministries as followers of Jesus in our day-to-day lives.