Sunday, September 24, 2023: Seventeenth Sunday after Pentecost
We continue on our Fall / Winter Worship schedule (details below).
See more details about our worship each Sunday (and some weekdays as well!) at our Sunday Themes and Special Events page.
Any worship services that are live-streamed or pre-recorded at our YouTube Channel are available to join, restart, or stream at your convenience any time after the start of the service.
Joining our worship online? Bulletins for current and recent services are available HERE.
For any Worship Service involving Communion: We have returned to using real bread and wine (and grape juice). If you desire to commune with us but are not comfortable returning to bread and wine at this time, communion packets containing a wafer and grape juice are available. Individually wrapped gluten-free wafers are also available. As another option, please feel free to bring your own communion elements (bread in some form, and wine or grape juice); you may bring them forward to be blessed before communing if you wish. More details on our Worship page.
Check out our Newsletters page!
Current and recent issues of our church newsletter The Advocate, ELCA Global Links, the newsletter from Bear Creek Camp, and more are now posted!
Check out our Video and Audio Page!
Recent additions include our Holy Week and Easter 2023 services, the Indian Valley Cluster combined Epiphany service (January 8, 2023 at Grace Lutheran, Hatfield), Christmas 2022 services, and our Thanksgiving Eve 2022 worship service (with Salford Mennonite Church), along with and other worship and memorial services over the past year.
Check out our Member Area!
Intended for Advent members only, the page contains links to resources that may be borrowed, Bible Studies in progress, and more!
Building and Mask Use Update (As of 4/1/2023)
Based on current guidelines and associated masking recommendations, here is our current masking policy, as approved by Advent’s council.
- The wearing of masks is OPTIONAL in the church building for all worship services, meetings, and events.
- While we continue our current policy of masks optional, we invite people, while COVID-19 cases continue, to wear masks if they wish, identified by their own comfort and risk level.
- Therefore, please be considerate and respectful of those who choose to continue to wear masks.
Note for all Indoor events: In keeping with the current guidelines, to keep air circulating, windows may be open and the air conditioning or heat turned down (how far and how low will depend on the weather outside). Please dress appropriately for a room that may be closer to the temperature outside!
Please see our Worship page for more details, including more about current mask guidelines.
Fall Worship Schedule (September 17 through December 17, 2023)
- 8:30 am – Indoor Worship in the Sanctuary. This service will be live-streamed for our online audience (Available to join, restart, or stream at your convenience any time after 8:30 at our YouTube Channel).
- 9:30 am -- Fellowship Time – In Fellowship Hall. Doors will be opened for anyone wishing to enjoy the weather outside (weather permitting, of course)!
- 9:45 am -- Education Hour – In classrooms, Fellowship Hall and the Sanctuary. Some special or all-ages events will be scheduled, and some classes and events may be held outdoors. Watch for details.
- 11:00 am -- Indoor Worship in the Sanctuary.
In the event of inclement weather making travel especially hazardous, or if the township declares a weather emergency (not limited to winter), we may go "online only," either pre-recording or live-streaming the first Worship service scheduled for that day, with a congregation limited to participants, and cancelling any in-person activities at the church. Watch this page, our Worship page, and our Facebook page for weather-related notices.
In the event of very clement weather (i.e., comfortable temperatures and a dry forecast), we may schedule or move some activities outdoors. Watch this page for headlines and our Worship page for details. Please feel free to bring your own chair or a blanket to all outdoor activities (Chairs will be available if you need one; ask an usher when you arrive). Watch this Home page for any updates regarding weather-related changes to or cancellations of any Outdoor activities.
Check out some of the things below to learn more about us!