Sunday, December 11, 2022 -- Second Sunday Before Christmas
See more details about our worship each Sunday (and some weekdays as well!) at our Sunday Themes and Special Events page.
Autumn Worship Schedule: 8:30 am and 11:00 am Worship, 9:45 am Education Hour. Details below.
Any worship services that are live-streamed or pre-recorded at our YouTube Channel are available to join, restart, or stream at your convenience any time after the start of the service. Bulletins for current and recent services are available HERE.
For any Worship Service involving Communion: We have returned to using real bread and wine (and grape juice). If you desire to commune with us but are not comfortable returning to bread and wine at this time, communion packets containing a wafer and grape juice will be available. Individually wrapped gluten-free wafers will also be available. As another option, please feel free to bring your own communion elements (bread in some form, and wine or grape juice); you may bring them forward to be blessed before communing if you wish. More details on our Worship page.
Coming up: Advent and Christmas Special Events and Worship
- Sunday, December 11, 2022, 3:00 - 5:00 pm: Griefshare: Surviving the Holidays. Details on our Events page (Scroll to events of December 11 to 17). To register, email Pastor Mark at email@example.com.
- Sunday, December 18, 2022, 2:00 - 3:00 pm: Blue Christmas. A Christmas Time service for those dealing with grief, loss, hurts, or loneliness.
- Sunday, December 18, 2022, 3:00pm: Christmas Caroling to homebound members.
5:00pm: Covered Dish Dinner, Fellowship Hall.
- Saturday, December 24, 2022, 3:00 pm: Worship, including children's pageant and music ensembles. Special music begins at 2:45 pm.
- Saturday, December 24, 2022, 9:00 pm: Candlelight Worship. Special music begins at 8:30 pm.
- Sunday, December 25, 2022, 10:00 am: Christmas Morning Worship. This service will not be livestreamed; instead, a (pre-recorded) service of lessons and carols provided by the Southeast PA Synod will be available on our YouTube Channel beginning Christmas morning.
- Sunday, January 1, 2023, 10:00 am: New Year's Day / Sunday after Christmas Worship. Service of Lessons and Carols.
- Sunday, January 8, 2023: First Sunday of Epiphany. Return to Winter Worship Schedule (see below)
Check out our Newsletters page!
Current and recent issues of our church newsletter The Advocate, ELCA Global Links, the newsletter from Bear Creek Camp, and more are now posted!
Check out our Video and Audio Page!
New additions include Generosity Stories and a message from the SEPA Synod regarding our Stewardship campaign, along with links to our Thanksgiving Eve worship (with Salford Mennonite Church) and other worship and memorial services over the past year.
Building and Mask Use Update (As of 8/1/2022)
Based on current CDC Covid-19 Community Levels and associated masking recommendations, Advent’s council has approved the following change to our masking policy for worship and events. The change is effective immediately.
- The wearing of masks is optional in the church building for all worship services, meetings, and events.
- While we continue our current policy of masks optional, we invite people, while COVID cases continue, to consider returning to wearing masks. This is especially helpful when in larger gatherings like our worship services.
Note for all Indoor events: In keeping with the current masking-optional guidelines, to keep air circulating, windows may be open and the air conditioning or heat turned down (how far and how low will depend on the weather outside). Please dress appropriately for a room that may be closer to the temperature outside!
Please see our Worship page for more details, including more about current mask guidelines.
Autumn and Winter Worship Schedule (continuing through December 18, 2022, resuming January 8, 2023):
- 8:30 am – Indoor Worship in the Sanctuary. This service will be live-streamed for our online audience (Available to join, restart, or stream at your convenience any time after 8:30 at our YouTube Channel).
- 9:30 am -- Fellowship Time – In Fellowship Hall. Doors will be opened for anyone wishing to enjoy the weather outside (weather permitting, of course)!
- 9:45 am -- Education Hour – In classrooms. Fellowship Hall and the Sanctuary. Some classes and events may be held outdoors; watch for details.
- 11:00 am -- Indoor Worship in the Sanctuary..
Weather permitting (i.e., comfortable temperatures and dry forecast), some activities may be scheduled or moved outdoors. Watch this page for headlines and our Worship page for details. Please feel free to bring your own chair to all outdoor activities (Chairs are available if you need one; ask an usher when you arrive).
All Outdoor events are weather permitting. Watch this Home page for any updates regarding weather-related changes to or cancellations of any Outdoor activities.
In the event of inclement weather making the roads especially hazardous, or if the township declares a weather emergency, we may go "online only," either pre-recording or live-streaming the 8:30 am Worship (or whatever service was scheduled for that day), with a congregation limited to participants, and cancelling any in-person activities at the church. Watch this page, our Worship page, and our Facebook page for weather-related notices.
Check out some of the things below to learn more about us!