Sunday, July 3, 2022 -- Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
We continue on the Summer Worship Schedule; see details below (or in the slider above).
See our Sunday Themes and Special Events page for details about the our worship each Sunday (and some weekdays as well!).
Any worship services that are live-streamed or pre-recorded at our YouTube Channel are available to join, restart, or stream at your convenience any time after the start of the service.
- Morning Prayer Service, Sunday, July 10, 2022
8:30 am, Outdoors (Parking Lot)
Shorter prayer service (~30 min.) with readings and hymns (No sermon, no communion)
(This is in addition to the 9:30 am Worship Service that Sunday.)
- "Tree of Healing" Vacation Bible School, Monday through Friday, August 8-12, 2022, 9:00 am to 12 noon daily. Details and sign up HERE, or click the banner ad above.
- Music Camp, Monday through Wednesday, August 15-17, 2022, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm daily. For students entering grades 6 through 9 this fall. Don't let your instrument get dusty this summer. Opportunities for new music, games, science, explore new instruments, conducting, and much more. Registration deadline is August 1; see Mr. Ryan or email him HERE.
On Saturday and Sunday, April 30 and May 1, 2022, Advent hosted our Boundless Youth Retreat and Bear Creek Camp Day. (See pix above!) We were blessed with a visit from Kaitlyn Olson Blend, Program Director at Bear Creek Camp, continuing Advent's has long and deep connections with BCC, She spoke to our youth during the Education Hour, and addressed the congregation during the 11:00 worship service. See her greeting HERE.
On Sunday, June 5, 2022, Advent hosted a Rise Against Hunger event, turning Fellowship Hall, the Narthex, and dozens of volunteers into a smooth-running machine that packed 10,000 meals to feed the hungry in just over ninety minutes! See pix above!
Building and Mask Use Update (As of 5/18/2022)
Based on current CDC Covid-19 Community Levels and associated masking recommendations, Advent’s council has approved the following change to our masking policy for worship and events. The change is effective immediately.
- The wearing of masks is now optional in the church building for all worship services, meetings, and events.
- The decision is based on current Montgomery County and CDC guidelines.
- At all levels, people are free to wear a mask based on personal preference, informed by personal level of risk. Please be considerate and respectful of those who choose to continue to wear masks.
- While we continue our current policy of masks optional, we do invite more people, during this current increase in COVID cases, to consider temporarily returning to masks. This is especially helpful when in larger gatherings like our worship services.
Please see our Worship page for more details.
Summer Worship Schedule (continues through September 4, 2022):
- 9:30 am – Indoor Worship. This service will be live-streamed for our online audience (Available to join, restart, or stream at your convenience at our YouTube Channel) any time after the start of the service.
- 10:30 am -- Fellowship Time – In Fellowship Hall. Doors will be opened for anyone wishing to enjoy the weather outside!
- No Education Hour during the Summer months. Education hour resumes September 11, 2022.
Note for all Indoor events: In keeping with the new masking-optional guidelines, to keep air circulating, windows may be open and the air conditioning turned down (how far and how low will depend on the weather outside). Please dress appropriately for a warm room!
Please see our Worship page for more details, including more about revised mask guidelines.
Weather permitting (i.e., sufficiently warm, not too hot, and dry forecast), some activities may be moved outdoors during the the Summer. Watch this page for headlines and our Worship page for details. Please feel free to bring your own chair to all outdoor activities (Chairs are available if you need one; ask an usher when you arrive).
For any Worship Service, indoors or outdoors, please feel free to bring your own communion elements (bread and wine or grape juice); small packs with a wafer and grape juice will also be available. More details on our Worship page.
All Outdoor events are weather permitting. Watch this Home page for any updates regarding weather-related changes to or cancellations of any Outdoor activities.
Check out our Newsletters page: Our church newsletter The Advocate, ELCA Global Links, the newsletter from Bear Creek Camp (including a link to a video documentary about BCC in the April issue), and more!
Check out some of the things below to learn more about us!